The English Immersion programme at Immerse Education enables students to improve their knowledge of English, both written and spoken, whilst living in the stunning and inspirational Royal Hospital School.
Students attending the English Immersion course benefit from an English programme developed by EFL experts. Student learning is maximised in small class sizes, and our teachers use dynamic, interactive and fun student-centred teaching methods to keep their students engaged. A vast array of cultural and enrichment activities outside of the classroom provide context and the chance to try out the skills learned in class.
This course will help students quickly improve their English skills for general contexts, focusing on the use of spoken language and knowledge of grammar. It will also teach lessons in syntax and vocabulary, alongside improving English reading and writing skills, in order to give a thorough understanding of the language.
The style of teaching on the English Immersion course by Immerse Education encourages independent learning whilst also providing excursions to gain an insight into various aspects of British culture, ensuring a rounded appreciation of the language and its homeland.
Immerse Education is an award-winning organisation that promotes a coherent, multi-cultural approach to learning the English language, where students can share ideas and focus on the positive aspects of actively expanding their English abilities.
By the end of this course, students will have :
- Significantly improved their English in the core areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and colloquial English
- Practised their English with native speakers and expert tutors, benefiting from tuition tailored to their needs
- Experienced the beautiful and English cities of Cambridge and London
About the Royal Hospital School
The Immerse Education technology programmes takes place within one of the most beautiful and historic boarding schools in the UK. Originally founded in Greenwich in 1712, Royal Hospital School moved to its spectacular site in Suffolk in 1933. Sitting in the heart of English countryside, it comprises 200 acres and overlooks the resplendent River Stour.
Its unique naval heritage with resplendent architecture and a tradition for innovation, is an inspiring background for our participants as they explore the limits of their capabilities both intellectually and socially. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional experiences of leadership and academic excellence through a programme for participants that instils confidence and a passion for learning that will support their future academic aspirations.
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- Acres of playing fields
- Outdoor basketball and volleyball courts
- Indoor sports hall
- Beautiful riverside location
- Large common rooms and dining Hall
- Single, twins, quads, and some larger rooms available
- En-suite available (subject to availability at time of booking)
- Shared bathroom facilities
- Large newly refurbished boarding houses with modern classrooms containing flat screen TVs
The English Immersion summer school at Royal Hospital School is available on the following dates
- 30th June – 13th July 2019
- 14th July – 27th July 2019
11-15 year olds: £1000
16-18 year olds: £1200
“The entire experience was a brilliant combination of exciting social and interesting academic sessions. The tutors were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and gave me a renewed appreciation and enthusiasm for my chosen subject.” – AMY RALPH, 2018 ALUMNA