- Maximum class size: 15 students
- A focus on speaking and listening
- Learn alongside another subject
- Inclusive of excursions
[button link=”/apply/” window=”false”]Apply Now[/button]
The Immerse Education Learn English programme is an inspirational two week residential summer course on the University of Cambridge campus.
- Option 1: July 27th 2014 – August 9th 2014
- Option 2: August 10th 2014 – August 23rd 2014
- Residential on the University of Cambridge campus
- Outstanding classes with highly regarded tutors
- A variety of carefully planned skills workshops
- Inclusive of all excursions and extracurriculars
- Diverse range of international participants
- Certificate of attendance
Immerse Education’s ‘Learn English’ summer course is carefully designed for older teenagers who want more to improve their English language skills whilst studying in the inspiring surroundings of a Cambridge University college. We combine an intensive English Language course with sporting, cultural and fun activities designed for 16-18 year olds. Students socialise with peers from many different countries and backgrounds in the unique surroundings of the historic city of Cambridge.
Students follow a structured communicative English Language syllabus with the emphasis on Speaking and Listening skills. It also includes several hours of ‘interactive English’ including Immerse Education Weekly News and Media in which students create their own videos, newspaper articles, blogs or drama productions.[divider]
Exceptional teaching[two_fifth] [blockquote]
“an unparalleled learning experience, allowing me to develop an insightful and creative response to the topics covered…it has left me inspired and motivated to reach my full potential”[/blockquote]
– Caitlin Addison, 2013 Participant[/two_fifth][three_fifth_last]We offer participants a choice of a range of subjects, from the arts to the sciences. All the subjects taught at Immerse Education are taught by highly regarded tutors, all of whom are either current or past tutors or postgraduate members of Cambridge University. Our rigorous vetting process ensures that all students are taught not only by the most competent and knowledgeable tutors in their discipline, but also that the tutors are engaging and supportive.
Participants are encouraged to delve into and explore the current debates and issues within their chosen discipline in carefully planned tutorials that emulate the unique Oxbridge system of tutor-student engagement and debate; an approach that goes beyond the superficial and provides unique insights that are both refreshing and intellectually stimulating. [/three_fifth_last] [two_third]What is certain is that you will emerge undoubtedly far more confident and knowledgeable in your chosen discipline, developing a genuine intellectual curiosity which is essential alongside meeting the academic requirements of the best universities. Subjects that we offer include:[one_third][list icon=”arrow-right”] [list_item]Medicine Preparation[/list_item] [list_item]Law Preparation[/list_item] [list_item]Engineering Preparation[/list_item][/list][/one_third] [one_third][list icon=”arrow-right”] [list_item]Physics Preparation[/list_item] [list_item]Mathematics Preparation[/list_item] [list_item]Chemistry Preparation[/list_item][/list][/one_third] [one_third_last][list icon=”arrow-right”] [list_item]Geography Preparation[/list_item] [list_item]E&M Preparation[/list_item] [list_item]Philosophy Preparation[/list_item][/list][/one_third_last]Visit our subjects page to view the full range of subjects that we offer. [/two_third] [one_third_last] [/one_third_last]
Extracurricular diversity[two_fifth] [blockquote]
“the excursions and activities were interesting and so much fun, providing a real taste of student life in Cambridge”[/blockquote]
– Cho, 2013 Participant[/two_fifth][three_fifth_last]Immerse Education truly provides an immersive experience of university life; not only will you discover and further your academic interests, you will also delve into the exciting and often fascinating spectrum of cultural activities available in Cambridge. The opportunity to experience daily organised excursions also allows the chance to meet like-minded peers from a diverse range of backgrounds and to quickly familiarise yourself with the city.[/three_fifth_last] [two_third]Activities organised as part of the programme include: [list icon=”arrow-right”] [list_item]A summer’s afternoon punting down the River Cam, a quintessential Cambridge affair[/list_item] [list_item]A day trip to Oxford, the home of Cambridge University’s arch ‘rival’[/list_item] [list_item]Formal dining in Cambridge’s famous medieval banquet halls[/list_item][/list]Visit our activities page to view the full range of subjects that we offer. [/two_third] [one_third_last] [/one_third_last] [divider]
Timetable[two_fifth] [/two_fifth] [three_fifth_last]The Immerse Education schedule is packed with a wide range of unique academic and cultural activities.
Participants start off the day with breakfast in the main college dining hall, with a wide spread of continental and hot breakfast choices available. This is followed by the first academic session of the day, which takes place in a seminar format. Participants are then guided to lunch at some of Cambridge’s delicious sandwich bars and cafés, and are welcome to explore the city in small groups. After lunch, academic sessions continue in the format of small tutorial groups or workshops. After all the core academic sessions are finished, students are treated to one of a wide range of excursions and cultural activities, including punting, museum visits and sports activities. A three course dinner in the college dining hall is then followed by an evening social event to help participants wind down and socialise after a packed day.
The timetable shown to the side offers an insight into the typical daily schedule, although this may vary depending on the events planned on the given day.[/three_fifth_last]
Unrivalled pastoral care[two_fifth] [blockquote]
“…they become your friends. They’re so approachable and supportive, willing to share advice and insights about their experience”[/blockquote]
– Lily El, 2013 Participant[/two_fifth][three_fifth_last]We place a huge emphasis on creating a supportive and approachable environment at Immerse Education, breaking down barriers and dismantling any negative preconceptions about Cambridge. Our mentors are a team of friendly graduates and undergraduates from Cambridge University, who not only help participants quickly settle into the programme, but do their best to share insights into their experience at university. The mentors have first hand experience with academic and non-academic issues and are therefore in the best position to offer friendly, confidential one-to-one advice. It’s an unrivalled support network that we’re incredibly proud of.[/three_fifth_last] [two_third]Mentors have studied a range of disciplines, allowing them to share insights and to provide specific advice about the application process for certain courses. Each participant is also assigned a mentor, who are enthusiastic to help participants to help create a ‘home away from home’.[/two_third] [one_third_last] [/one_third_last] [divider]
Accommodation[two_third]Immerse Education takes place in two of Cambridge University’s colleges: St Catharine’s College and Christ’s College. Both of these beautiful and centrally located colleges are the perfect setting for our courses.
All participants will be accommodated in their own individual bedrooms, equipped with high speed internet access. Corridors or staircases separate male and female students, and bathrooms are shared between just a few participants. Visit our ‘Campus’ page for further information.
All Session 1 participants (July 27th 2014 – August 9th 2014) reside at Christ’s College. Session 2 participants (August 10th 2014 – August 23rd 2014) reside at either Christ’s College or St Catharine’s College, and will be allocated their college upon acceptance into the programme.[/two_third] [one_third_last] [/one_third_last] [divider]
Travel Information: The fee for Immerse Education is not inclusive of travel to Cambridge. There are several transport options available, including arriving in Cambridge by rail, coach or flight. One of team members will be able to assist you in making any necessary transport arrangements for your safe arrival in Cambridge, including helping to make arrangements for airport transfers if you are an international participant.
Medical and Dietary Requirements: We are able to cater for most dietary requirements (vegetarian, vegan, nut allergies, halal, kosher); please do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure if we can cater for your dietary requirements. Breakfast and evening meals are included in Immerse Education, and participants are expected to make their own provisions for lunch at various delicious eateries around Cambridge.
Other information: Students must be aged between 16-18 at the time of attendance in 2014. Students are expected to be fluent / near-fluent in English.[divider]
Apply[three_fourth]Immerse Education is a residential summer course consisting of outstanding academic classes, excellent skills workshops and exciting extracurricular activities in the historic university city of Cambridge. Immerse Education runs in two 2 week sessions (dependent upon subject choice):
July 27th 2014 – August 9th 2014
August 10th 2014 – August 23rd 2014
We would be happy to assist you if you have any questions prior to booking your place. For the fastest response to your enquiry, please email:
[button link=”/apply/” window=”false”]Apply now[/button][/one_fourth_last] [flex_slider categories=”activities” slider_order=”ASC” slider_orderby=”none”]