Scholarship applicants must be:
- Aged between 13-18 at the commencement of the selected programme session
- Available to attend the academic sessions in Cambridge from 9th – 22nd August 2020
- Eligible to live and study in the UK for the duration of the programme
- Attending a non-fee paying school (or attending a fee-paying school whilst receiving a scholarship/grant/bursary/financial assistance)
Applications are welcomed from students of all nationalities.
How to Apply
The application process consists of an application form which should be submitted using the form below.
Key information to note:
- Applications opened on Friday 13th September 2019.
- The deadline for completing the application form is 23:59pm (UK) on Friday 13th December 2019.
- It is recommended that you draft your responses, particularly to the essay question, in advance of submitting your form as you will be unable to save your form before submitting.
- Applicants must submit their essay response, video and financial verification in one form submission.
- Successful applicants will be offered a scholarship of up to 100% of the participation fee to attend the summer programmes in Cambridge from 9th – 22nd August 2020.
- Financial verification confirms that you attend a non-fee paying school or that you are in receipt of a bursary, grant, scholarship or other financial support in order to attend a fee paying school.
- Applicants will be contacted with the outcome of their application on or before 17th January 2020.
- Full and partial scholarships are valid for participation in our summer programmes only and cannot be exchanged for a cash equivalent
- Successful applicants must respond to accept or decline their offer by 17:00 on 31st January 2020.
- This should be a maximum of 500 words in length, there is no minimum requirement
- You are advised to research the Immerse summer programmes in advance
- Ensure you proofread your work prior to submission.
- This should be submitted as a .docx, or .pdf file only.
- This should be a maximum of 3 minutes in length, there is no minimum requirement.
- You should ensure that your video is of reasonable audio and visual quality.
- You will be assessed on the content of your response, not on the production value of your video
- This should be submitted as a .mp4 or .mov file only.
- This will be assessed on a case by case basis
- Typically applicants submit a letter provided by their school confirming in what way the applicant fulfils the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- This should be submitted as a .docx, .pdf, or .jpg file only.
Popular Summer Schools:
Are you 13-15 years old? Here’s some of our most popular summer programmes:
Our Essay Competition:
Seen our essay competition poster in your school?
If you are applying to our essay competition for 2020, please click here.