by great guests
At Immerse Education’s Cambridge academic summer programmes, participants have the unique opportunity to study the subject they are passionate about in university-level programmes that are designed and taught by expert tutors. Participants are encouraged to stretch themselves beyond the boundaries of a school curriculum and to delve into completely new and challenging content. The Immerse Education academic syllabuses and our expert faculty are what set our academic programmes apart.
Every summer, we are delighted to welcome motivational guest speakers from a variety of inspiring backgrounds, and students will hear from a different guest speaker each week.
- Kate AtkinInternational training consultant and motivational speakerSuccess: What lies behind the mask? An informative and inspiring talk exploring courage, confidence and the imposter syndrome
- Dr Nigel WarburtonPhilosopher, author & journalistHow do great people find answers to deep and meaningful questions?
- Dr Lynda ShawNeuroscientist & entrepreneurA journey in personal development - how to create your own set of tools to fast track success
- Abi OyepitanFormer OlympianA two-time Olympian and Commonwealth Gold and Silver winning track and field athlete.
I loved the way we were taught a bit of background covering computer architecture and cryptography, which connected many dots and gave me a bigger picture.
The most inspirational thing about studying with Immerse was being taken seriously by our tutors and having interesting discussions with them, being seen as a student instead of as a high school kid. Overall, studying with Immerse was a really fun experience, in which I met a lot of new people, learned many interesting things and participated in a lot of cool activities. I would love to go back to Cambridge again, as it is a really beautiful and fun city. Furthermore, I am now probably more likely to start a conversation with new people, I have definitely become less shy.
The Oxbridge Online Research Programme was initially recommended to me by a teacher. Through further reading, I chose to enrol in the programme as it was a programme I thought was focused on introducing me to a potential career path, and was able to whet my interest in Medicine. I thought it was very suitable, given the stage I was at, and would be able to provide me not only with an early insight of the field of Medicine, but also with an understanding of the work expected in universities. I thought that the programme would be able to equip me with knowledge and experience I could take forward into the future, and seemed different to anything I had tried before.
It was such an incredible experience to be able to learn directly from a Cambridge University tutor. She knew so much about her subject, but was able to teach me advanced topics in a way that was really easy to understand.
The Immerse Education programme is a useful experience for both learning and personal career. I learned a lot, met new people, understood new concepts and most importantly I enjoyed it a hundred percent. You get an overview of many topics and realize the world behind what you don’t know about. In my opinion, this was the best choice I could ever make at this age.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you choose guest speakers?Whilst we have no official policy for selecting guest speakers, our academic team select speakers that will motivate, inspire and enthuse our programme participants. We believe in providing students with a wide variety of opinions, experiences and backgrounds in order to provide a well-rounded and life-changing educational experience.
- Will we be able to talk to the guest speaker after the event?Often, yes! However, this is entirely up to the individual speaker and their schedule.
- How often will I hear from a guest speaker?Participants on the Academic Insights and Symposia programmes will hear from an inspiring speaker once per week.