A support network we are incredibly proud of.
Meet our Mentors
In Cambridge and Oxford, each of our programmes is managed by a senior, trained and experienced College Manager. In the Royal Hospital School, our programmes are managed by an experienced House-Mistress or House-Master. Across all of our programmes, students are supported by Mentors, who share their own experience of studying at top universities with inspirational energy – we create a fun, safe environment in which our participants can thrive.
Meet some of our previous Mentors and College managers below.
- OreMentor & College ManagerBA Cambridge UniversityOre participated in the Immerse International Relations programme before applying to Cambridge University. She studied Human, Social & Political Science and during her time at the university returned during the summers, firstly as a Mentor and then as a College Manager. Personable and enthusiastic, Ore ensures that students on an Immerse residential programme have just as much of an inspirational and educational experience as she did.
- ThomasCollege Manager, CambridgeCambridge University (MPhil), Oxford University (DPhil)Thomas joined as a College Manager on Immerse after extensive experiencing managing summer programmes in Canada. An enthusiastic and approachable personality, Thomas completed his MPhil at Cambridge University and is currently at Oxford University studying for his DPhil. Always happy to help out students and inspire his mentor team, Thomas is also an author and a documentary film-maker.
about our Mentor team
The mentor consultations were especially helpful; they provided really beneficial guidance and information towards achieving future plans and aspirations
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you tell me more about the residential Mentors?The participants are nurtured and cared for by our experienced mentors and college managers who are current undergraduates or postgraduates studying at the University of Cambridge and Oxford. The Immerse mentors are there to ensure that participants are able to get the most out of the programme, and provide participants with additional support in their chosen subject so that they leave Immerse feeling confident about their academic future.
- What training do the Mentors receive?The wellbeing of participants is at the forefront of everything we do. Our mentors receive Safeguarding and First Aid training and are on hand to offer support and friendship to all participants. They truly understand the challenges and pressures that participants face and are happy to share their own advice and experience. Our resident summer team, together with college personnel supervise the site 24/7. Our locations are all safe environments and all members of staff undergo extensive security and safety checks, including UK Government Enhanced DBS checks.
- What is a Mentor 'Family'?During your time on an Immerse residential programme, you'll be allocated a Mentor 'Family', which will consist of a group of approximately ten other students from all over the world - and your mentor. Within this family, you'll create memories, and share your experiences.